We all have friends that are a bit off.
You know, they march to the beat of their own drum. Or they just really get a kick out of having something new or strange — something they can share or show off at parties and in conversations with friends.
In a word: They’re quirky. And quirky people require quirky gifts.
If one of our regular old best coffee gifts won’t do, then we have a whole separate list of offbeat, weird, and wacky gift ideas that are sure to match their personality.
We tinkered, tested, and tried out each of these gifts to give you a breakdown of our favorites.
Let’s grab a cup of joe and start shopping!
The Best Quirky Coffee Mugs
Let’s start with the most quintessential gift for all kinds of coffee lovers.
The coffee mug is a can’t-miss gift idea that almost everyone appreciates (unless they are totally, finally, for-real-this-time out of room for coffee mugs in their cupboard!)
We found some that took the normal funny or cute coffee mug concept and turned it up to 11.
These are extra-wacky for your favorite weirdo.
- Bob Ross Heat Activated Coffee Mug
- Camera Lens Travel Mug/Tumbler
- World Largest Coffee Mug
- Deexito Build on Brick Coffee Mug
- Cute Animal Themed 3D Coffee Mugs
1. Bob Ross Heat Activated Coffee Mug
Happy trees meets happy beans.
This mug is perfect for the quirky coffee lover who also loves art, loves serenity, or is just a big fan of the late, great Bob Ross. The heat-activated design features Bob Ross painting one of his beautiful landscapes, making it a unique and fun addition to any morning coffee routine that’s sure to spark joy.
Why We Love It
- Great gift idea on a budget
- Good gift for a stocking stuffer or a work gift exchange
If you really love heat activated mugs and want to see more check these out.
2. Camera Lens Travel Mug and Tumbler
Picture this. You have a friend who loves coffee and also loves photography.
Well, this is the perfect quirky gift idea for them.
This mug resembles a camera lens, complete with a twist-off lens cap to keep drinks hot or cold. It’s a great gift for any photography enthusiast, professional, or just someone who’s a fan of unconventional drinkware. (For the record, it’s actually a mug — not a lens!)
Why We Love It
- Food grade plastic exterior
- Stainless steel double walled inside for insulation
- Multipurpose— for non coffee drinkers it can be used as a pen holder or a novelty item on your desk
- Lifetime warranty
If you’re looking for a travel mug gift, but don’t want to confuse your tumbler for your camera lens, check out this fun photographer-approved travel mug that will keep your beverage warm throughout a whole day of work!
It’s perfect for on-the-job photogs who can’t sit around sipping leisurely.
For more options like this, check out our lift of the best coffee thermoses.
3. World’s Largest Coffee Mug
If bigger is better, then this mug is perfect for the quirky coffee drinker who likes to win.
Holding a massive 64 ounces of coffee, this mug will satisfy even the largest coffee cravings. It’s a fun and functional gift for any coffee lover.
Also works as a gag gift or novelty decor.
What We Love About It
- Ceramic mug that can hold up to 2 gallons of liquid
- Dishwasher safe (if it fits!)
- Perfect gift for people with a sense of humor
- Can also be used as the base for a custom gift basket
4. Deexito Build on Brick Coffee Mug
If you build it, they will drink.
This mug is perfect for the quirky coffee drinker who loves building and creating things from (almost) scratch. The mug is designed to look like a stack of building blocks, allowing the user to stack and build as they enjoy their coffee. What makes it extra great is that it can be a fun activity for the family — especially great for a giftee with kids at home.
What We Love About It
- Food grade plastic that is safe for everyone
- Comes with 3 different building sets
- Great novelty gift idea for any occasion
- Could be a project or activity with a fun takeaway for kids (or adults!)
- Perfect ice breaker at work
5. Cute Animal Themed 3D Coffee Mugs
If your quirky loved one spends hours watching funny animal videos on Tik Tok, then this gift is sure to brighten their day — every day!
These mugs feature fun and cute animal designs. It’s a playful gift, whether they’re dog people, cat people, or fans of animals that are a bit more exotic.
Why We Love It
- Animal heads doubles as the handle
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Functional yet funny coffee mug
- Come in sets and different sizes for different coffee lovers tastes like espresso size and cappuccino
If you’re looking for something animal themed but worried that this is a bit too gaudy or too delicate, you might want to consider these 3D mugs with animals on the inside.
This alternative idea may also be better for kids or younger recipients.
6. Bodum Travel French Press Tumbler
Stop what you’re doing and press some coffee! Why not?
Just the idea of using a French Press on the go may seem a bit funny. But, trust us that this is a fully-functional coffee brewing — and drinking — device!
Here’s What We Love
- Food grade double walled plastic tumbler
- Silicon sleeve to reduce heat transfer
- Built-in french press
- East to cleanBenefits
- Perfect gift for french press coffee lovers
- Affordable and can be paired in a gift set
- Great gift on a budget
Check out our full list of best travel French presses.
The Best Quirky Coffee Gadgets
Moving on from drinkware, there are a variety of other fun and unexpected gift ideas that are sure to tickle the fancy of whomever you’re shopping for.
From our review, we found that these gadgets were each a bit unique, different, and — in most cases — just plain fun.
Here’s what we found.
- Zulay Handheld Milk Frother
- HyperChiller Patented Iced Coffee/Beverage Chiller
- Wacaco Minipresso Portable Espresso Machine
- Automatic Coffee Roaster for Roasting Coffee at Home
- OTOTO Nessie Coffee Spoon
- Glass Coffee Canisters with Central Perk Shelf
7. Zulay Handheld Milk Frother
This frother is a great gift for anyone who wants to add a touch of luxury to their morning coffee routine.
We’re talking latte lovers, foam fans, and froth fanatics.
Why get an all-in-one machine or buy an expensive Starbucks drink when you can whip out your own handy, dandy, handheld milk frother? (That’s right, you wouldn’t!)
What Makes it a Great Gift
- Stainless steel, anti-rust technology
- Comes with a stand for easy storage or display purposes
- Battery-operated for max portability
- Great for making coffee-shop-quality drinks at home
- Barista approved
- Huge selection of color options
If you’re looking for something a bit more permanent, perhaps, check out:
8. HyperChiller Patented Iced Coffee/Beverage Chiller
I said, BRRRRR. It’s cold in here.
This chiller is perfect for the quirky coffee drinker who loves iced coffee. The patented design can chill a hot beverage in just 60 seconds, making it a miracle of modern science and a damn fun piece of tech to play around with.
What We Love About It
- No chemicals required; only water
- Chills a beverage in 60 seconds or less
- Designed to fit right under a coffee maker
- Fastest way to make a great cup of cold brew coffee without diluting it with water
- Surprisingly easy to clean
For your favorite cold coffee fan, explore all of our picks for top iced coffee maker.
9. Wacaco Minipresso Portable Espresso Machine
🎵 Espress-o yourself… 🎵
Okay, I’ll show myself out now.
But seriously, this tiny machine is perfect for the quirky coffee drinker who loves espresso on-the-go. Which, let’s be honest, who doesn’t want an on-demand shot of almost-pure caffeine coursing through their veins anywhere, any time?
If you’ve got a true caffeine fiend on your hand, then they’ll love the gift of portable, potent java they can make anywhere.
Why It’s a Great Gift
- Compact, light weight and versatile
- No batteries or electricity needed
- Built-in coffee scoop (clutch!)
- Can handle different styles of coffee beans and grind sizes for flavor experimenting
- Just add hot water to make the perfect cup of espresso coffee on the go
- Great espresso maker for camping and travel
- Manual pumping allows you to customize the flavor and amount of crema you want on top
If you’re shopping for more ways to help your loved one make coffee in strange places, check out our full list of the best battery-powered coffee makers.
10. Automatic Coffee Roaster for Roasting Coffee at Home
If there’s one thing we’ve learned about quirky people, it’s that they like to take things a little further than the average bear.
And when it comes to coffee lovers, roasting your own coffee beans is basically the ultimate flex. (Only to be trumped by literally growing coffee beans in your own yard.)
Bonus points because a coffee roaster is also the gift of a great cup of coffee — the most-freshly roasted beans you’re ever going to get your hands on.
What Makes it a Great Quirky Gift
- Fully automatic and built-in timer
- Electric; just plug it in and fire it up
- Thermostatic teflon roasting chamber — whatever that means — ensures an even roast on coffee beans
- Money saver! Based on the average amount of coffee consumed in a household over a year, the amount of money at-home roasting saves could be monumental
- Roast and brew Starbucks-worthy coffee at home and save trip time and gas money
Believe it or not, we’ve tested and reviewed many different at-home coffee roasters. So if this one isn’t quite fitting the bill, check out our full review of the best at-home coffee roasters.
11. OTOTO Nessie Coffee Spoon
Stir up some fun with the OTOTO Nessie coffee spoon! File this under fun-to-have. Like most coffee spoons, it’s certainly not a necessity for the daily coffee ritual. But sometimes you just need a bright spot in your day to help you get off to a good start.
Well, here’s a spoonful.
Our Favorite Things About It
- Food grade stainless steel
- Easy to clean
- Measured in teaspoons for knowing how much you are adding to your drink
- Fun and cute design
- Fun gift at an affordable price
- Great addition to a gift basket or coffee sampler
12. Glass Coffee Canisters with Central Perk Shelf
It may be subconscious, but it doesn’t seem too far fetched to think that many of today’s coffee lovers were subtly — or significantly — influenced by their love for one particular sitcom, which happened to take place largely in a cozy, chaotic coffee shop.
This canister set is a perfect homage to one quirky person’s love for both coffee and Central Perk — plus Ross, Joey, Monica, Rachel, et al, too.
What Makes it a Great Gift
- Borosilicate glass to reduce risk of breakage
- Does not hold odors or chemical scents
- Comes with 2-48oz canisters that sit on a bamboo elevated box with a stainless steel coffee scoop
- Fun and cute Friends Themed Central Perk embossed logo
- Perfect gift for all occasions (christmas gift, birthday gift, co-worker gift, etc) because Friends fans are fans year-round
- Great for countertop storage next to a coffee station, good for holding whole coffee beans, ground coffee, sugar, flour, or whatever else you want to display
Okay, not everyone who needs a container for their coffee is a Friends fanatic. That’s okay. If you think storage is the right gift for your quirky friend but maybe they’re more keen on The Office or another sitcom, then explore our full review of the best coffee containers.
The Best Quirky Coffee Novelty Gifts
Finally, what list of quirky gifts would be replete without a grabbag of randomly assorted, uncategorizable ideas for the true oddball who can’t fit in any of the other boxes?
These go out to the true wild cards.
- Letterfolk Coffee Passport Journal
- Lavley “If You Can Read This, Bring Me Coffee” Socks
- Don’t Talk to Me Until I’ve Had my Coffee T-Shirt
- Customizable Brown Kraft Coffee Bags with Built in Window
13. Letterfolk Coffee Passport Journal
If you drank it but didn’t document it, did you actually drink it? This is a fun way for your coffee-obsessed oddball to keep a running list of when, where, and how they drank their favorite cups of coffee — and with whom!
Give the gift of an eternal memory with this lovely passport journal.
Jot These Down
- 20 Pages to record meaningful details of the coffee you have tasted and experienced
- Prompts to help inspire thoughtfulness
- Made in the USA
- Great gift to give as a stocking stuffer or with a coffee sampler
14. Lavley If You Can Read This, Bring me Coffee Socks
Keep your feet cozy and your coffee cup closer with these “If You Can Read This, Bring Me Coffee” socks from Lavley. Ideal for fans of coffee, fans of socks, and fans of coffee-themed socks… how can you go wrong?
Why You Should Snag a Pair
- Cotton Blend
- Unisex design
- Available in different colors
- Keep your feet warm and show off your love of coffee at the same time
- Great coffee lover gift
- Pair it with a bag of coffee and a fun coffee mug for the perfect gift set
15. “Don’t Talk to Me Until I’ve Had My Coffee” T-Shirt
Make no mistake. Coffee comes first. This “Don’t Talk to Me Until I’ve Had My Coffee” t-shirt leaves no room for misunderstanding.
Help someone you care about make an important statement — and avoid a few murderous glances — with a shirt that says it all.
Why We Picked This One
- Comes in both Men and Women’s Sizing
- Multiple Color Options
- Super Soft Cotton Blend
- Great gift idea for any holiday or celebration
- Perfect for people that don’t want to talk before they have had their coffee in the morning
16. Customizable Brown Kraft Coffee Bags with Built-in Window
Make your coffee stand out with these customizable brown kraft coffee bags with built-in windows. Perfect for the quirky coffee drinker who loves to personalize everything, these bags are the perfect way to package your coffee for gifting, selling, or admiring.
What We Love About It
- Half pound capacity
- Plain Brown Kraft bag with built in Square Window
- Tin Tie seal to ensure freshness
- Stamp or emboss a fun logo on each bag or customize how you see fit for special blends to give to friends or co-workers as gifts
- Could also include instructions for best coffee making methods
- Great for packaging at home-roasted coffee
- Great for creating customized gifts for people
The Best Quirky Coffee Gifts on a Budget
Looking for some quick wins that won’t break the bank? Here are our top pick for budget gift items — great for gift exchanges, secret santas, or small presents.
Build Your Own Quirky Coffee Lover Gift Set (4 Ideas!)
Mix and Match items to create a great gift set just throw them into a gift basket and add a bow!
Here are 4 awesome, unique gift sets that are sure to wow any coffee enthusiast in your life:
Gift Set #1 – For Latte and Cappuccino Lovers
Gift Set #2 – For the Co-Worker who Keeps You Sane
Gift Set #3 – For Certified Coffee Snobs
Gift Set #4 – For (Aspiring) At-Home Roasters
While many of these great gifts can be found on Amazon or other major retailers, if you’re looking for a truly unique gift option, you may also want to scope out the selection on Etsy.